This has to be one of the easiest speediest noodle broth bowls, nearly as quick as preparing a pot noodle, but 100% more tasty and healthy!
Scandi Meatballs with Creamy Comfort MashCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1-2cloves garlic, minced
A few sliced mushrooms
A few strips of red pepper
3 nests of egg noodles
200ml of vegetable broth
½ teaspoon of miso paste
Blanched vegetable of your choice – I used 1 head of Pak Choi, a few florets of tenderstem broccoli and carrot ribbons.
Black and white sesame seeds
Dried red chilli flakes
A wedge of lime
- Boil a kettle and when boiled pour the water into bowl add the noodles. After a minute stir them around gently to separate, after another 2 minutes drain the noodles whilst reserving the water. Toss the noodles with a little of the sesame oil.
- In a saucepan on a high temperature add the reserved noodle water, when it’s returned to the boil add the halved Pak Choi, broccoli, and the carrot ribbons, cook for 2 minutes then drain.
- Make up the broth as per the instructions and add the miso paste, keep warm
- In a hot frying pan, add the sesame oil and garlic, sauté the mushroom and red pepper.
- When ready to serve arrange the noodles, the blanched and sauteed vegetables in a bowl, pour over the broth, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and chilli flakes and serve with a wedge of lime.
- This has to be one of the easiest speediest noodle broth bowls, nearly as quick as preparing a pot noodle, but 100% more tasty and healthy!